Instructions & Position Requirements
We sincerely appreciate your interest in Heritage School of Texas (“Heritage” or the “School”). Heritage is looking for dedicated employees to join our school family who meet the following criteria:
- Employees who are committed Christians, active in their local church and growing in their personal walk with Christ.
- Employees who desire to work in a private, independent, conservative, classical Christian school.
- Employees who see their role as an opportunity to disciple and nurture children and help them develop godly character.
- Employees who have a passion for their areas and the ability to communicate effectively to students.
- Employees whose personal lifestyle and character is above reproach.
The Heritage Board
The School is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment pursuant to applicable laws. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership or application for membership in a uniformed military service. Because Heritage School of Texas is a non-profit religious organization, it does reserve the right to hire and employ individuals who share its Christian beliefs and who agree to adhere to the principles and doctrines in its Statement of Faith.
This online application must be completed in full. Please answer every question. Please include copies of official transcripts (college level and above) and a current resume. If you are applying for a teaching or administrative position, also include a copy of your state teaching/administrative certificate(s). All applications are kept on file for three years, so please notify us of any changes in your address or phone number and we will update your application. In addition, ALL Applicants for full-time positions must provide a copy of a valid drivers license, a social security card, and a completed W-4(Part-time or Substitute Teaching Applicants must provide a completed W-9).
In order to be hired by Heritage for a teaching position, you must have at least one degree at the Bachelor’s level or above. In addition, one of the three requirements listed below must be met.
1) You must have a current state teaching certificate in the subject area or grade level, which you would be teaching. Your Certification may come from any state, NOT just Texas.
2) You must have a degree/major in the subject area of grade level, which you would be teaching.
3) If you are not certified and do not have a degree/major in the teaching area in which you are interests, you may apply. However, you must have other teaching and/or related experiences, which qualify you for the position along with a degree at the Bachelor’s level or above.